Yes, I know....right now, the most pertinent Fantasy Sport being played is Baseball. However, some of us Fantasy Gurus never stop thinking about Football. For those of you who play in a Dynasty League, you might be very interested in which players will be coming out of the upcoming Draft.
You might not have the time to properly research all the prospects before the end of April. Meaningless things like Marriage, Kids, Career and Everyday Life sometimes gets in the way. Fortunately, we here at Pigskins and Pucks are burdened by none of these predicaments and are dedicated to preparing you to pick the best player for your team.
Here is a primer for you to peruse.
1. Matt Ryan: Possesses all the intangibles to become a very good pro QB...Has an uncanny ability to scan the field and find the Hot Read...Plays through injuries and is mentally tough...Sometimes has the inclination to try to win games all by himself, resulting in turnovers
2. Brian Brohm: Has a good arm and delivers the ball with excellent velocity...Is known for having good touch on the ball, especially in the Red Zone...Very competitive and hardworking...Has to improve upon the mental game (decision making and staying calm in the pocket)
3. Chad Henne: A good athlete who can scramble well when he needs to...Very accurate on short passes...Possesses good leadership qualities...Needs to continue to work on dropping back and staying in the pocket
1. Darren McFadden: Incredible athlete who has size, speed and strength in abundance...Has the ability to hit top speed very quickly...Follows his blockers very well...Still needs to work on his blocking and blitz recognition skills
2. Rashard Mendenhall: Runs equally well up the middle or to the outside...Has excellent field vision and picks his holes decisively...Possesses an excellent ability to separate from tacklers once he reaches the secondary...There are questions about his durability and route running
3. Jonathan Stewart: Compact, powerful frame (5'11, 234lbs) makes him tough to tackle...Excellent ability to make cuts...Has the intangibles necessary to start as a Rookie...Lacks elite receiving skills
1. Limas Sweed: Fantastic athlete who runs the 40 in 4.45...Has a great ability to make tough catches in traffic...Possesses excellent blocking skills which could allow him to immediately start for some teams...Suffered a badly broken wrist this past season which still bothers him
2. Devin Thomas: Has good speed and has the strength to fight off bigger CB's at the line of scrimmage...Has excellent football instincts...Plays with a load of heart and fire...Needs to run more disciplined routes
3. James Hardy: Tall (6'6) receiver with excellent leaping ability...Is deadly on fade routes in the end zone...Has good agility for a big man...Needs to bulk up to address doubts that he can fight through NFL CB's.
1. John Carlson: Is the undisputed top pick at the TE position...Not only tall (6'6) but fast as well (4.67 40 yard dash)...Has a strong ability to fight for yards after the catch...Needs to work on his blocking skills
2. Fred Davis: Possesses big play ability...A former WR, he has excellent hands...Reads coverages very well...Needs to better utilize his size
3. Dustin Keller: Is very versatile, can also play H-back or slot receiver...Has good speed for a TE (4.55 in the 40)...Is a disciplined route runner with above average hands...Undersized (240 lbs) for the position